UPDATE ON THE TAAL ERUPTION DONATION DRIVE
13 January 2020, as of 8.30 p.m.
- The Knights of Rizal, through the efforts of Ms. Maureen Fernandez, administrative officer of the Knights of Rizal, and Sir Timothy Justin Francisco, KCR, initiated a donation drive for Taal Volcano eruption victims. It is known that we have two (2) chapters in Batangas: Batangas City (Sir Vicente Ramos, KGOR) and Bauan (Sir Julian C. Casapao, KCR).
- Formal call for donations started at 8:00 a.m. with a posting at the KOR IHQ Supreme Council page. Postings to group chats of NCR were done.
- Ms. Fernandez and Sir Francisco contacted Batangas City chapter commander Sir Ramos, replying “Whatever you can give we will pick it up as soon as it is ready, cash or goods will be welcome [sic] non omnis moriar sur [sic] vic.”
- Rotaract Clubs of District 3830 coordinated with Sir Francisco for a collaboration. It was referred to Sir Mark Boado, KGOR, Supreme Pursuivant for action as advised by Ms. Fernandez. Sir Boado replied that the other party’s roles should be clear so as to equally distribute the workload. Sir Francisco continually communicated with their representative, Ms. Christiane Patricia Masilang, District Assistant Rotaract Representative. However, due to different beneficiaries, Ms. Masilang, on behalf of the District, withdrew the collaboration.
- Young Rizals and Brackens and KAPARIZ NCR will go to KOR IHQ to bring donation items and to sort them into “grab bags” on 14 January 2020. They volunteered to be in attendance and expressed their intention to help the affected.
- As of 8:00 p.m., the following donated to the donation drive: (please see photo of report).
- Mandirigma Chapter under Sir Ian Joseph Sunga, KCR decided to do a separate outreach together with the 4×4 Community in their relief operations. Ms. Fernandez, in reply, said that they should make an activity report.
- Bauan Chapter, through Sir Richard Cabral was contacted but no reply as of press time.
- Sir Francisco asked permission to Ms. Fernandez that some of the cash proceeds be used to buy other essentials like N95 dust mask, in which she replied affirmative.
Next report shall be released the next day.
SIR TIMOTHY JUSTIN G. FRANCISCO, KCR
Asst to the Regional Commander, NCR
MS. MAUREEN FERNANDEZ
Administrative Officer, KOR IHQ